Employees of Insurers Beware – Do You Need to be Licensed as an Insurance Intermediary in Hong Kong?

Under the new insurance licensing regime, Section 64G of the Insurance Ordinance Cap. 41 provides that a person must not carry out regulated activities, or hold out as carrying out regulated activities, or for reward in the course of the person’s business or employment unless the person is a licensed insurance intermediary or otherwise exempt under the Insurance Ordinance. The new regime is expected to take effect soon.

Read the full article here.

Mayer Brown’s partners Tow Lu Lim and Jenny Yu highlight areas of interest in this Legal Update.

Related Content